Microcement is a two-components (A+B) continuous coating. A is the powder component (the preparation mortar, Microbase and the finishing mortar, Microfine). B is the liquid component, Concentrated liquid, a water-based resin.
Microcement is formulated with hydraulic binder, selected aggregates, synthetic resins, specific additives and pigments.
Once mixed, it offers a thin coating, great mechanical resistance and strong adherence on any kind of surface: concrete, cement mortars, ceramic, plaster, plaster plasterboard.
• Continuous decorative coating.
• It can be applied on any kind of surface: concrete, cement, mosaics, ceramic, all excepted wood
• Excellent workability.
• Great range of colours and finishes. Smooth or
• Strong adherence to the surface.
• Quick application and ready for use.
Conditions for application
a) Preparing the support:
The support must be clean and free from dust and grease, the surface must be sound and firm, and in good levelness conditions. It does not generally need to be primed; however, in specific conditions, it is recommended to use adherence promoters.
b) The mix:
Microcement is prepared from a powder component (microcement base for the preparation of the works and microcement fine for the finish) and a liquid component. These two components must be mixed homogeneously according the following proportions:
• Microbase (microcement base: preparation mortar) 10 kg of powder must be mixed with 3 liters of concentrated liquid
• Microfine (microcement fine: finishing mortar): the mix will be done as follows; for 10 kg of powder approximately 4.5 liters of liquid will be used
The mortar must be prepared as follows:
1. Pour little amount of resin (component B) into a container, then add the quantity of pigment required according to the amount of microcement to be used, and then mix them up until a uniform colour is achieved.
2. Pour gradually the Microcement powder (component A). Add the powder as the product is mixed with a slow speed mixer
3. Mix for at least 2 minutes until the mortar is smooth and free of lumps.
Coverage depends on the type of material to be coated and whether the application is horizontal or vertical. Applications on floor surfaces require more material.